When I grow up I want to be...


When you were younger, what did you want to be? Or, to be more accurate, what do you still want to be? It's unfortunate that I think most of us haven't managed to do the dream job we always wanted, whether it's because a) it's just not practical (space cowboy, anyone hiring?) b) we didn't know how to go about it or c) zero confidence. 

I've always wanted to be a writer, for as long as I remember. I used to say, "I would love to just hold my own published book, even once." That was my dream.
I was lucky that I had an imagination and the capability of writing quite well. I was just lazy and waited for life to come and grab me and, funnily enough, it never did. And my writing skills have dwindled over the years (I had to stop and consider the spelling for dinosaur. For real.)

I've realised now to get what you want you have to grab it. No one is ever going to knock on my door and say, "Hey, you know that book you've been writing for six years? Yeah, the one no one has ever read? I'd like to publish it!"

But I'm interested - how many people reading this knew what they wanted to do, stuck to it and are now living their dream? Who kept focused and did what they had to to get the life they always wanted?
I really want to know. Tell me your stories! Tell me if you're still striving - or if you don't know what you want to be at all and you're still trying to find yourself. 

I felt like I had to write this as another kick up the butt. I have so many unfinished stories. 

Time to finish them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram