Making < 3 to your skin.

Skin Routine - Do you have one?

What is your skin routine? 
Do you sleep with your make up on? Do you use a face wipe? Do you wash it every night? Do you apply the milk of a goat born on the full moon?
Everybody's skin is different, but there are things I try to avoid like the plague, especially if they include goats or any other kind of farm animal.

Sleeping in your make up

My Auntie used to say "take off your nail varnish for once, let your nails breathe!" and it's exactly the same with make up. Your skin is suffocating! And all the dirt you build up during the day sits on your face for 8 HOURS when you sleep. 
That's like lying in a really dirty bath, why would you do that? Huh? Why?!

Using face wipes

Now, I'm sure there is some science and technical words I could use when it comes to this, about germs and bacteria and pores and...the scientist in me could go on, but I'm not a Scientist. This, put it simply, just isn't good for your face. 
And besides, do you even feel clean after it? I know I don't. On the naughty occasions, usually after a gin or two, that I've used the odd wipe, I just feel icky. The kind of icky when you forget your conditioner at the gym. 

The best solution

In my opinion? Cleanse. Tone. Moisturise. 
It makes you feel clean, fresh and has always done wonders for my skin. I know some people shy away from face washes with microbeads, which I can understand if you have extra sensitive skin, but even though I do, I've never had a bad reaction to it. 

I've been using Clean & Clear now for about a year (this is unlike me, I usually change after a few months because my skin gets used to it, but not in this instance!). It smells great (kind of like a men's face wash, very fresh), feels great and always works well for me. 


For my mornings...

I only bought these products about a week ago - I felt like something a bit fruitier in the morning and because the weather was warming up, my face started to get greasy again so I opted in for the Shine Control Moisturiser. 
The first thing I noticed with these products is the usual dark circles under my eyes were significantly decreased. This isn't a selling point of the product, it isn't even mentioned on the tubes, but it just really worked for me and I don't know why. 
The shine on my nose and forehead also went down. And the face wash smells great.

Morning or night, I always use a flannel and gently scrub between my eyebrows, the corners of my nostrils and my chin because I get a build up of skin (ew). Then I overly moisturise these places in particular afterwards. This helps when I'm powdering after putting on my liquid moisturiser, the powder doesn't stick to any of the skin.


What's your skin routine? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram