Plums and Photo's

I've been wanting to play around with my pictures for a while. I know the first thing that draws me to a blog is amazing pictures - I like the crisp, clean looking pictures. 
I've always been a bit disappointed in my pictures - but I've not put a huge amount of effort into them, which is my fault. I never really thought it mattered, but it definitely does. 

So I thought I'd combine my new love for the plum colours and pictures. I'd really appreciate some feedback on how some of these pictures look. As long as it's constructive, of course. None of these "mate, ya pics r pyar shit" stuff. Aight? 

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

I bought this purely for the colour (005 Passion). I was looking for something darker, since I've dyed my hair a dark red I've liked the idea of darker lips. This colour seemed perfect. 


Minus the colour and the cool tube, there's really nothing special about this lip gloss. Sure, it has a nice wand, but it's coverage is poor and it has a chemical smell to it. 

I was disappointed, really. 



You can see the difference in coverage after just a few minutes. And no eating or drinking to smudge - I tried it on and was just walking about the house doing my thang. There would be way too much reapplying for my liking. I think it was about £7-8, which is a lot for a lipgloss that, to put it bluntly, doesn't really work. Sorry Revlon. 

L'Oreal Falsh Lash Flutter


I've ran out of my manga mascara so I thought I'd try something new. There are so many mascara's on offer now it's crazy - with new, unique and something weird ways to entice us in. This one didn't seem anything different other than I liked the tube!


I have to say, I like the wand. It makes coverage on every lash much easier and doesn't seem to clump at the ends, so when you're getting your inner lashes in the corner of your eye, I don't get a big clump of mascara there. Bonus. 

Here is a closer picture of the wand:


It's strange, but I do like it. Negatives? Without even making an attempt to sniff it, I could smell it. It's an old granny flowery smell mixed in with the floor of a lab. Not pretty. But I probably would buy this again. The mascara itself seems smoother, less clumpy and it does make your lashes look pretty nice. But I put most of that down to the wand!

So these are my two new products! Here are some more pictures I took for the post but decided not to use... your feedback would be appreciated! :)











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram