I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly

So, last night I had an impromptu trip the The Trafford Centre in Manchester. For those of you who don't know it, it's a hella load of shops. Amazing for make up! 
I went after work with two friends and planned on getting some bits and bobs so I can blog to you lovely folk, but also because again, I convinced myself I needed a new foundation! 
I went to the old reliable Mac Counter,which unfortunately they only found out they were out of stock in my shade after I'd removed all my make-up! Devo'd, mate. 

And then my friend Grace suggested I try Illamasqua. I'd seen it before but hadn't really heard of the product so had never gone there (my homing ground had always been Mac and Benefit), so I thought I'd give it a go. 

I asked the lovely lady there to colour match me and so she said first she would apply their primer. Standard, I thought. And then she revealed this!


My first thought, "Is that going on my face?" 
Visions of Alien scenes flashing through my mind or looking like Neo just after he was reborn in The Matrix. Scary stuff. 
She said, "I know it's unusual, but honestly, it's really lovely."
She applied some to my face with a brush and it was instantly coolling and so refreshing. She explained it was an anti inflammatory as well, so good to apply after sunbathing and all round nice to your skin.

I was so happy that she had tried it on my skin. My skin is naturally allergic to most things (which is why you'll never see me blogging about shower soaps/body wash!) so something this soothing on my face was absolutely lovely. I didn't buy it, just because I have so much of my Mac Primer left that my boyfriend would murder me if I bought more! Luckily, he isn't privy to my larger than life foundation collection.

I would recommend girls. My make up may as well have been non-existent because of this stuff. It just felt so light.

If you're going past your local Illamasque beauty stand, please, please try it! You won't regret it. 

The pictures in this post do not belong to me. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram