Maybelline Colour Elixir - Does it cast a spell on you?


The moment I saw this advertised, I wanted to buy it. The phrase "smooth, not sticky" and I scoffed.
"They're pretty much always sticky." I told my boyfriend. But I was intrigued and suckered in like a good consumer and I wanted to try it.
I wanted to put this phrase to the test. 

The result? It's not as sticky. Ratio of smooth to sticky? 75% smooth, which is pretty good in my book. If your hair gets in it, you'll still be batting away at it like you've walked into a spiderweb. But when you press your lips together, it doesn't feel like you're an extra in House of Wax. 


The brush is fluffy, which feels nice on your lips. It's also a diamond shape, so it's quick to apply. There aren't as many colours available as I would have liked - so I've gone for a nude. 

My big starting point when I buy products is how they smell. It's one of the reasons I'm not a big advocate of Mac foundation (it smells like a hospital bed sheet). This is an odd smell. It's not particular nice, nor is it sciencey. Your boyfriend won't be gagging and asking what on earth you had for lunch, but he won't be commented on how sweet you smell, either. It's neither here nor there. 


I really like the look of the tube. I think it looks more expensive than it is (I think I paid about £7 on offer in Superdrug). It's small so you don't have the long pencil type lipglosses in your bag that you occasionally mistake for your trusty Papermate pen. 

It looks more like a lipstick, but impresses like a lipgloss. It doesn't last remarkably long, and I say that only because I know there are people who care about that. Even though you know you secretly love reapplying in the bathroom of a club whilst gossiping with girls.

Would I buy another one? Honestly, I'd try something else. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's not special enough nor varied enough in colour to keep me hooked. 

It's very...beige. Sorry Maybelline. Maybe you're not born with it on this one. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram