Losing my Illamasqua Virginity!



So, following on from the previous blog, I said I was getting a colour match done at the Illamasqua counter in The Trafford Centre, Manchester.
What I liked about this place was that they did pale foundation, as I am a very pale person, it isn't as easy to find as you'd think. I explained this to the lady at the counter and so she suggested two shades, but that she thought she knew exactly what would go.
The shade is 3.5 in Skin Base. She applied it to my face, and I turned to my friends and they said, "Yeah, it looks nice."
Nice? Nice? That's it? I wanted to wow, to pop, to shine!
But wait, she wasn't finished.




"I'm just going to apply a setting powder."
I'd seen this before. Translucent powder, and I didn't buy it. It just didn't seem to make sense how a powder like that could make any kind of difference. She applied it to my face and instantly the girls were amazed. And so was I. It really did set my make-up. It looked beautiful. Flawless!
After an emotional turmoil (and a bank account check), I bought both and it came to £56. Much more than I would usually spend, but I was so happy, how could I say no?

I cannot recommend the setting powder and the foundation enough. The setting powder smells beautiful and just leaves you looking so nice. I really am impressed and I can see an obsession developing.

Again, if you're going past an Illamasqua stand, get a colour match and look at the difference.


What's your favourite Illamsqua product? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram