Supermarket Sweep!

I decided to buy a few things from ASDA yesterday along with my Ombre hair dye kit. 
And as I had spend quite a lot in The Trafford a few days earlier, I also thought I would try out some cheaper beauty products, just to see how they work.


L'Oreal Preference Ombre kits are amazing. They very in colour, but I always come back to this one. I left it on longer than usual, but it's come out a lovely shade of brown because my hair is pretty dark. Bare in mind, this is dye on top of dye, so I never expect it to be exactly the same colour as the one on the box. I know when I use it again, it will go much lighter. 
However, the colour it has gone, is so nice I'm considering using it as an all over colour. But honestly, the condition of my hair after using this, isn't the best. So I don't think it would be worth the risk.
In the box along with the dye itself is a lightening powder, a brush to use to apply, your usual gloves in black and a shampoo. Usually I expect there to be conditioner, because the condition of your hair is never the best! The shampoo is nice and lathers up really well, but I do prefer getting a conditioner!
This was approximately £6.49 from ASDA and like I said, comes in a range of colours.


I also bought some Mila Rose hair bobbles, my favourite brand and the best, in my opinion. They're stretchy, thick and strong, which is great when you have really thick hair like mine. They're metal free, so no catching on your hair and they're called "Snag Ease". Anything weaker than these and I may as well not even have a bobble in! I buy black and brown and I use them a lot when I have my hair donut in! They are currently on offer in ASDA 2 for £3.


I also bought some George own make up, simply because we as ladies cannot always afford the expensive stuff. And if you can find a decent cheap equivilant, then why not? 
I bought the George Shimmer Me! Brush on Powder. The colours are in No4 Heaven Sent, but there are a lot of different varieties, and this one is only £3. I tried it last night before I went out and have to say I really like it. It's a beautiful colour, looks girly and soft. It isn't too strong for my skin tone and I like the hints of shine as well. I would recommend this, especially if you want something new but don't want to be splashing out!

The two nail varnish colours are the Pink which is called "Giggle" and the Yellow which is called "Buttercup Shine". They were £1.65 (or £1.75, I can't exactly remember) and I'm yet to use them. I'm loving my Barry M still at the moment, but it has chipped slightly at the ends, so I'll be taking that off today and probably trying on the Giggle colour.


Again, I don't think there is anything wrong with buying cheap. So please, give it a try if you're out and about. When I've tried on the nail varnish I can let you know if it's worth the money! :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram