It's the simple things.

I'm always looking for a short cut to looking great.
I'm not the kind of person who will full on glam up if I need bread and milk from the shop around the corner - and I certainly have no objection to forgetting my foundation for a work day (much to my co-workers pain,  I imagine).
So when I find a quick fix, I take it and run with it.

Big Eyes in Disguise

I have big eyes, which I am extremely thankful for when I'm grovelling. However, it means when I have my make up on, I really need to make them pop - otherwise I may as well be going bare. And for a long time, I hated mascara. Hated it. I had a poor experience in High School which made me look like a Halloween queen and never went back. It just didn't seem to make any difference to me. I tried stick on lashes, which I still love on a night out, but day-to-day, I needed something quick and easy.
And then I discovered a marvellous little torture-device looking thingy.
Eyelash curlers.
Wham, bam, quick to be glam!
Now, don't get me wrong, I still return faithfully on my knees to my stick on lashes when I need that extra glam, but for my day to day, you can't beat a good curler.
I can honestly say that there is no such thing as a bad mascara as long as you have a decent pair of eyelash curlers.

Currently I am using Maybelline BIG EYES (between £5-£9 depending where you buy) - which I love because of the two brushes. There is a big chunky brush for your upper lashes and a thinner plastic brush for your lower lashes. The smaller one is fantastic for getting your hidden lashes from the corners of your eyes.

The one to the right is GOSH Growth Mascara (between £6-£12 depending where you buy) - this did wonders for the length of my lashes and the condition of them, which we can all use, especially if you use stick on or lash inserts a lot.

My curlers are Emite Eyelash Curlers (approx £20), fantastic and last a very long time. Another pressie from the Glossy Box beauties <3



Things to remember for a eye pop look:


  • Curl not only at the base of your lashes, but also mid lash. You don't want one awkward looking bend.
  • Try not to curl your lashes with your mascara already applied, that could lead to bald eyes. No no. 
  • When they've curled, grab your wand and wiggle at the roots and then sweep out. 
  • Don't forget the lashes you can't see. They're shy little buggers, but it's the extra ones that make you look extra puppy dog eyed. 
  • Always remove your mascara and if you feel like your lashes are thinning out, apply a little vaseline on them before you go to bed. 
Advantages
  • Much quicker than stick on lashes
  • Better for your lashes than inserts with glue every day
  • Depending on your type of mascara, can help condition your lashes


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Part of the next blogger network

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Instagram